River Kwai with my Lomo camera

Kodak BW400CN I visited River Kwai three weeks ago and I packed along one of my first lomo camera, a Minox GT-E loaded with Kodak BW film - Kodak Professional BW400CN. Before I talked about the photo taking with the Minox GT-E lomo camera, let me explain why I wanted to try out this Kodak BW400CN film.

I have always been facinated with black and white (BW) photography. Unfortunately, it is a skill that I've yet to learn properly. And using a lomo camera makes BW photography even more challenging. Beside just concerned about the angle and framing, you also have to manually adjust:
  • The F-Stop to set the Exposure
  • The Focusing to Object Distance
  • The Depth of Field
Also, it is quite difficult to find BW processing and printing, and it is definitely more costly than color prints. That's where the Kodak BW400CN comes in handy, I can take BW pictures and send it to ordinary mini-lab for processing. The BW400CN can be processed by the C-41 process and printed by the same machine that print color photos. However, you don't get truely black and white photo. If you are lucky to send it to a good mini-lab and the technician is skillful enough, you do get near BW print.

Minox GT-E

Here's some photos that I've taken with my Minox GT-E lomo camera using the Kodak BW400CN film.

River Kwai BW photos

The outdoor shots at the famouse "Bridge over River Kwai" were taken with the 2x density filter as the ASA400 film is too sensitive for the late morning sunlight.

More photos taken with my antique Olympus C-2100 digital camera at Places Less Travelled.

 

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I am a student who is currently researching on lomography as a emerging trend in singapore. Can i talk to you more abt it? do let me noe so i can provide u w my email! thanks alot!

October 05, 2006 12:32 PM  
Blogger Shi Heng Cheong said...

I am new to Lomo too!

Sure, we can talk here or you can leave your email here.

November 19, 2006 2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Singapore Lomograpy - Home